Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 01:34 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,011 Posts
xubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
Why?

So you're saying if I go to Texas, and Texas provides a horrible environment for learning and no support, I should be punished (with sitting out a year) for transferring to another school that will provide me a better learning environment? This seems counter-intuitive.

It sounds to me like you're providing an argument for any arbitrary rule made by the NCAA.
Because schools don't lose APR retention points for athletes who transfer out with a 2.6 GPA or better. I remember when that rule passed. The same people that are always predicting doomsday scenarios were doing it then too.

I'm not going to say that the APR isn't arbitrary in and of itself (although THEY claim that it's not), but that's the reason. That's also the reason that I'm almost 99 percent sure that the required GPA to not have to sit out will be a 2.6.

Last edited by xubrew; 09-13-2017 at 01:37 PM..
Mad Props to xubrew For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (09-13-2017)