User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 10:35 AM
Colonel

pmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond repute
It was an opening game for a young team with their senior captain out. This game could have gone wrong for any number of reasons. Especially against a run-and-gun team that's experienced as a unit.

I still saw a lot of defensive issues. Slow help defense, man-on-man burns, stupid fouls, a pretty feeble looking big (albeit a relatively skilled big) having his way with us inside, etc. Still, it was good enough to win the game.

I thought Obi and Mikesell looked really good. It's nice to see a more mobile, yet still "court smart" Ryan on the floor. Obi could be a really exciting player, but like many raw athletes, he needs to pick up some of the court smarts and not try to force the game as he did numerous times. But, hey, heck of a game to kick off his career in the red and white without his senior counterpart.

I also liked much of what I saw from Jordan. Some of those defensive plays were nice! He also took good shots, made a couple nice, aggressive drives and in general played a mature, high-energy game. It was no surprise to see Trey bring the energy either, though it certainly wasn't his best game. He can change the game when he's really on, but we already know this.

All things considered, it was an alright performance. I'm looking forward to seeing how Matos and Cohill progress through these first few games as the jitters wear off. And Policelli, he definitely seems to be the low man of the totem poll for now, but hopefully he's playing hard and continues to improve to where he can contribute. It says a lot that he appeared to be a good bench cheerleader for the troops on the floor.
Mad Props to pmcmullen For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (11-08-2018)