Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 12:44 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,910 Times in 6,994 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
I'll just say this: The backboards at Beavercreek HS's main gym are as tightly secured as any I've ever seen because this kid hit it hard and nothing shook...not even a little.

As Shocka shared, as long as you smack the backboard during a legitimate attempt to block a shot, it's legal and 'no-call' is proper. I'm not going to get involved with the details of 'goaltending' and/or 'basket interference' because they don't apply IN THIS SITUATION.

A couple years ago I was at a tournament where a kid did the same thing and the entire backboard shook back and forth causing an easy layup to roll off the rim. His attempt to block the shot was legit, but it was on a basket that was lowered from the ceiling and loose enough that a 'smack' made it move. In that case, you blow the play dead and count the basket. But only because he affected the play.

King Rollo the Rule Interpreter...OUT!
shocka43 (05-10-2018), TXFlyerFan (05-10-2018)