Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 01:35 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,412 Times in 2,484 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
It’s funny he mentions Kevin Garnett. That’s the player I too associate Kostas with in that he’s got to do a ton of hard work to build himself into a Garnett-type player. They are both 6’11”. But Kostas is 190. Garnett was 253. The only two things they have in common is if you hung their skeletons next to each other, they both are probably about 15 pounds of bones. (Skeletons are 10-15 pounds. Seems like it should be more, but it’s not.)

When I lived in Dallas, I had season tickets to the Mavs that were 5 rows up from the court. I saw Kevin Garnett and Dick Nowinski play many times. I saw the NBA game up close and Kostas will get mowed over if he ever gets into a game next year. I was watching 76ers vs Celtics a couple weeks ago on tv and there is no way Kostas would stop any of those players.

I hope he commits to and follows thru with what it takes to become an NBA player. It won’t be easy. It won’t be quick. But he does have potential. He isn’t going to put on 40-60 pounds of muscle in a year. If he can bulk up by 20 pounds in the next 12 months, that would change his potential 10-fold. I would be interested to know how much he added in the two years at UD. If anyone knows that, please post.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-18-2018), Gazoo (05-18-2018), zmz723 (05-18-2018)