Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Crutcher
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 02:22 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post
Since the inception of this thread, Jalen is 22 for 47 from behind the arc, while Jordan Davis is 14 for 35. I actually feel that Jalen has a more dependable 3 point shot, particularly when his feet are set, than Davis. Perhaps I am seeing something that's not there on Davis' threes, but for some reason I get the impression the mechanics aren't text book. I feel like I have seen several of his shots that come off with a tint of a sideways spin.

Anyone else have anything to add on this? Perhaps I've not seen enough video/live action of Davis or have just happened to catch an inordinate number of "bad releases"?
Jalen shoots more of a set shot so needs to be completely open to shoot, ala Scoochie. Jordan has a more pure jump shot and can catch and shoot so doesn't need as much room to get his shot off. Both work but in different scenarios.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (02-08-2018), SeasonTicketFan (02-08-2018), steve (02-09-2018)