Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 02:45 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post
There wasn't much empathy towards the administration when that went down.

I'm not sure I'd put the fan base quite at that level. They're not OK with just being relevant and competitive.

I just found the contrast/similarity interesting re: the fan bases and our new coaches. I don't think too many people realized that Travis Ford had won only ONE NCAA tournament game in his career. That get's little attention here in St. Louis. Yet when UD hires Grant, we have some board folks who can't stop talking about it, like we hired Gerry Faust out of Moeller to take over the Notre Dame football program.
Dayton and Dayton fans care more about UD than SLU fans & STL cares about the Billikens.

The expectations are higher at Dayton than SLU.