Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 11:02 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
For 2018-19, 55 players are on 2-way contracts with their NBA teams.

Most glaring stat: Kostas is 51st in scoring of the 2-way contract players.
Stats are a funny thing. If you have already reached a conclusion and go looking for data to support it, you will find it.

One of my favorite examples of that is in this article (starts at the 4th paragraph).

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football...er-2018-season

For Kostas, while he is 51st in scoring, he is also 3rd in blocks. That paints a different picture.

And let's be honest - had he stayed at UD another year, he would probably be our 4th or 5th scorer. Probably in that 10 ppg range. That's because he isn't a scorer. The Mavericks don't see him as a scorer. His potential is in his defensive abilities - and he has the defensive stats to back that up.

Mentally he still has a long way to go to be ready. He still has too many missed assignments. Give him time to work that out and he can join a long list of NBA big men who are defensive assets to their team while providing little in the way of scoring.

So I'm not sure hitting him on his ppg is a fair assessment.

Don't confuse this post as me saying he is NBA ready or anything - and please don't throw me in the royal dungeon.