Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Bracketology
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 06:48 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
Watching many of the games, there's one thing that sticks out to me. Many of the guards on these teams, in addition to shooting the 3 and driving the lane, have the ability to pull up and shoot a 2. So they'll drive part way, then stop and shoot, maybe foul line, maybe a bit closer or further back. That seems to be something our guards rarely do. We either drove it all the way to the basket (or tried to pass it to a big), or took the 3. The ability to create this 2 point shot and be good at it is something I think is important and that we are missing.
This is an absolutely superb comment! We really don't have anyone who can shoot the ball off the dribble at any position. This is what the high quality guards and shooting forwards are able to do. In fact, of our three guards who played, two of them are decent at shooting the three ball, and all three are mediocre in dribble penetration. But none of the three have the ability to shoot the ball off the dribble. I am so glad someone recognized this. Good job TXFlyer! Quite frankly, and to our three guards' credit, shooting off the dribble is a bit of a dying art...only the very good or great guards are able to do it. I think that is a byproduct of 30 years of the three-point shot. Why shoot off the dribble when you can try to "square up for a three?"
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
TXFlyerFan (03-24-2019)