Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 09:56 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Will the equal/opposite reaction to this be the breaking away of the P5 Conferences from the NCAA? You can't fire someone who quits...right? I wouldn't doubt it. Money talks. Which is why your King has so much to say...
I feel like the NCAA has looked the other way. How could their countless investigations not uncover some of this stuff. They have protected the P5 by taking it easy on the major powers, issuing penalties with minimal impact i.e. vacating wins from years past and giving the public a perception that they are acting vigilantly as a watchdog so as to keep shenanigans like this from happening. But the reality is they are an enabler and ally of the big 5. Now, the FBI has forced their hand to clean it up. It's similar to baseball and the steroid era. So I think the P5 will have to accept sanctions, even if NCAA comes down really hard... which given their history is not exactly a given. Now, if they come after football next, all bets are off. The P5 will do anything to protect it. Maybe even breaking away, but untill that happens I don't think it is worth them abandoning the NCAA, especially given the huge hit they would take in perception / public opinion. But I am not sure they can get football as easily so they may be all right. The difference is that I think football bribes are largely routed through boosters vs the shoe companies and agents. When you have corporations like Adidas and Nike involved, there's going to be a huge trail of evidence and just too many in the know who can come forward.
Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Runnin' Rebel (09-28-2017)