Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 12:15 PM
General

Thanked 5,460 Times in 2,387 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
My thoughts on this. Overall not real excited:
https://twitter.com/UDPride/status/1076017171212521473

I do not know for sure, but I would be surprised if UD was a major catalyst for this. If so, only if the athletic department thinks they can wield their influence and more or less guarantee a game against a top MWC team no matter what. Most MWC teams we wouldnt schedule anyway. Even the normally good ones are down -- SDSU, Boise, etc. Its the worst possible time to play MWC teams. Im sure they feel likewise (and rightfully so) about playing A10 teams.

Its the 14th best conference vs the 15th best conference. A giant bleh that has no chance of moving the needle. If we have to give up a home/home slot in order to get paired with New Mexico one year and UNLV the next -- teams that havent done squat the last 5yrs -- we're basically flushing a non-con H/H series down the toilet to make room for this.
Is anyone else clamoring for a conference challenge against the A10? Maybe the Horizon or MAC?

Overall I have to imagine we'll get one of the toughest teams each year and get the chance for a good non-con road win with a little less stress / effort / risk than leaving a date open for "just the right team" that might not work out and we get stuck with Coppin State just to fill the hole. Is it better than Mississippi State? No. Does it necessarily mean we can't play Mississippi State + this game? No.