Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 11:19 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,773 Times in 936 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
It’s not out of the realm of possibility that Crutcher, Chatman, Watson, Obi and Jordy start. Or, crutcher, Watson (or Chatman), Johnson, Obi, and Jordy start at some point during the season.

Not advocating for Mikesell to not start...he’s one of my favorite players and brings a lot to the table. I’m just suggesting that AG may already have extremely talented and experienced players and doesn’t need to fill the two open spots to find them.

Mikesell should definitely begin the year as a starter but Johnson was a top 100 recruit...those kind of guys can sometimes force themselves into the starting lineup—just like Obi did this past year. Nothing terribly wrong with that!
Ok let's play this out. I assume you'll agree Chatman has no impact on Ryan starting. Jordy could start and Obi could slide to the "4." So what? Ryan would still start at the 3 in that scenario. Ok so that leaves Chase. You realize he isn't eligible until A10 play right? I assume you watched us play last year, notice any super consistent players outside of Mikesell and Obi? Me either. He's a RS SR with more experience than anyone on the team and other than Obi was pretty much the only shining light last year.

Look I get we're deep in the off season, but some of these posts are getting loopy. Most of this board seems to think JD would've lost his starting spot too and that's why he left. Bollocks I think but we'll never know. Like I said if Ryan isn't starting he's hurt and that means we've a lot more to worry about than who's in the starting lineup. If he's healthy his name will be announced over the PA every game during introductions, believe that.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to hawkoooo For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (05-31-2019), Jaco2112 (05-31-2019)