Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 06:45 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by THirt View Post
For now yes, but later on they will move them a bit (still in the corners) and angle them so you can see better from the upper Arena. Most folks should be able to see the center video boards, though I think some of the sight lines from up high won't be great to see the center boards.
Posted via Mobile Device
With the center board hung the corner boards will stay the same for this season. Arena staff are going to survey (visually and by asking) fans during the season to see where their eyes are drawn during games and to what boards they look at. This will determine how they are positioned after season 1 of the renovations.

I was told that they may take opposing boards and flip one towards the upper arena and keep the opposite the way it is. I would think with the style of center scoreboard, stat displays will be the same as other places UD travels to with them on the center display...such as Barclays.

The center scoreboard is yuge as seen in the Instagram pictures above. The speakers for the new audio system are impressive as well. It will definitely sound like a modern arena and give people what they want in terms of audio.

The oddest part is seeing the lower arena having seats that are all one color. It plays on the eyes. I thought it looked bigger, as the seats are a darker blue. They look nice. There is a contrast from the dark blue seats and the refinished concrete. The concrete is lighter. May sound odd that the refinished concrete is noticed, but it changes the overall appearance of the lower arena.

I am excited to see the project come together.

Last edited by shocka43; 10-24-2017 at 06:50 AM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (10-24-2017), Runnin' Rebel (10-24-2017), Widget (10-24-2017)