Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 10:24 AM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,162 Times in 2,320 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
In case #3 the defender is set
Can you define "set"? I think this boggles my mind from time to time. Is it just feet planted even if body is still moving over? Is it completely vertical for a single second? Can feet be further than shoulders apart? Before or after offense is in air?

In #3, there are like 5 frames that show his hips and shoulders in front of the defender. Also, his left hand is not straight up, but out towards the offensive player and appears to be where contact was made as the offensive player actually went around the defender.

Jordan Davis pulled this maneuver at the Arena this year. The defender slid in front of him, and he moved around him with some slight contact. No call made.