Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 10:04 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,396 Times in 713 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
I would take Davis out of the starting lineup. Move Mikesell to the true two, and let him share point guard and quarterback duties. I would play Frankie more, and thus go big longer in each game by having Obi and Josh on the floor as much as possible. Then I would post Mikesell up on the other teams guards under the basket, and play high low constantly with Obi, Josh, and Mikesell. I feel this would address some of the size disparity issues. If we are going to be a half-court team, then we might as well substitute and game plan with that in mind.

Then you bring Davis and Cohill in to switch up the pace of the game periodically. Hit them with the change of pace, give some guys their breather, and the return to power half-court lineup; repeat steps as needed. This team, and program in general, have to get better at attacking the middle and forcing the officials to call fouls; but also have to greatly improve free throw shooting. Cunningham, Mikesell, Crutcher, Landers, and Obi, could make a living at the free throw line, but Flyers are not patient enough or deliberate enough in their attack. And constantly letting the other team off the hook when their bigs are in foul trouble. If UD would attack a foul troubled big, they way Tulsa did against flyers, likely win 2 or three more games thus far.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Beatty Town Coach For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (12-17-2018), TommyGola (12-17-2018)