Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 04:17 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Beatty Town Coach View Post
If you play it, it needs to be a "W'. But if you schedule a different opponent, and play two more (16 game A10 schedule) reasonable non-conference games and win those, then your record is greatly different. I'm playing the perception game here; if you are 11-4, including a Butler win, and your only defeats are to four top-twenty five teams, they perception is different. 8-5 is middling looking, but 11-4 leaves a "solid" impression. If Syracuse is 8-5 they are a projected NCAA tournament team, and a real threat to make a final four; but if Dayton is 8-5, they only get on the national news if a guy makes a between the legs ill-advised dunk, in a game they barely survive to small time Georgia southern.

Like I said, with the high level opponents in the Bahamas, and the Miss. State and Auburn games, UD really didn't need a point-less trip to Connecticut to play Tulsa; and yes 16 game A10 conference schedule would be better, assuming the league will partner the right schools to play each other. But I wouldn't hold my breath on the last part.

Tulsa would not have been pointless had we won. They are currently 10-3. However, if we lost to Butler in the first game in the Bahamas and had to play MTS, that Tulsa game would have carried much more importance. You make the schedule before you even know the Atlantis bracket.
Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bill202 (01-01-2019)