User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 10:04 AM
Captain

224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer2 View Post
Maybe this will cause posters to take pause before they need to post criticism of players effort. Awful hard to be constantly battling pain to play at the high level of college basketball.
Dumb. In real time if we make an analysis on a player, and it's negative, no one should hold off on their critique because a player 'might be hurt'. In this case 7 weeks after the season ended this news comes out where he was hurt. Should we create a grace period and make a new rule that you aren't allowed to judge or critique a players effort until 7 weeks after a game because the player 'might be hurt'? Get serious. If I'm hard on a guy and later it comes out he was hurt, then that will explain alot. But that doesn't mean in real time I can't be critical and hold them to the highest standard.

We hold our guys to a high standard. The best schools do. If I qualify for a full academic scholarship I will be held to a high academic standard, with certain goals and standards I must meet. If I fail to do so I will be judged, critiqued and punished. No one at UD cares if the student who pays his own way to UD graduates with a 2.5; they only care the full ride academic scholarship student graduate with a 4.0. So why are we not allowed to hold athletes who are on scholarship to a high athletic standard? If you or a player has a problem with it, lobby for them to be a walk on. Many were content with Bobby Wherlis play a few years ago because he was just a 'walk-on'. Had he been (from the start) a scholarship level player we all would have held him to a higher standard and wanted to burn him at the stake. Similar to the criticism Crosby is currently getting. He is not playing at the high level we hold our scholarship players too. But if he wants to come back next year as a walk-on I'd be happy to take him.

Last edited by 224; 05-05-2017 at 10:08 AM..
Mad Props to 224 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (05-05-2017)