Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 10:11 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MNFats View Post
The point is that you can win playing small. UD, right now, is set to play small. Connection isn't that hard to make.

Last year was a disappointment. You blame it on us playing small. To me, it was more about losing 4 seniors and leaning on Freshmen to play big roles.

The comparison to Nova was not to suggest we can win the NCAA title with this team. Just showing the right combo of players can win even without traditional bigs. But we can win games in the A10 with what we have.
I agree. Our court savvy went up six clicks when when we add Cohill, Toppin, Jehry. DD is out of the mix. He did some good things, but was generally not a leader. Williams and Sam were cancerous. We are going to play quicker because of the added court sense, and the loss of those didn't have it.

I did not say we don't need a big to win the A10. But we don't need one to be a whole lot better than last season. We won 14 games under an umbrella of turmoil.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-02-2018), MNFats (05-31-2018)