Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 05:34 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
RPI's in ( )

I get the overall sentiment that other than UC (6), X (4), and OSU (16), the rest of the teams don't move the schedule forward.

But it's all relative to who you take off the schedule.

You can put WSU (98) and Miami (170) in for North Florida (218) Purdue Fort Wayne (219), Detroit Mercy (318), or Presbyterian (319) and the schedule isn't any worse (It's actually better) - but it is more interesting. I would be a lot more excited about a game like that.

Heck, ANY Ohio school would be more fun and most are an upgrade to those teams. Toledo (75), Kent State (154), Bowling Green (195), and Ohio (206).

Then you have Akron (226), Cleveland St (282), Youngstown St (325). But even those schools really aren't worse than the other guys on our schedule - it's an even swap - which I would still prefer to play another Ohio school.

Of course, we were 152 - so Wright State might be asking if they are willing to hurt their schedule by playing us...

Last edited by MNFats; 08-21-2018 at 05:36 PM..
Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
hawkoooo (08-21-2018)