Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 02:54 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,464 Times in 1,288 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyer016 View Post
While I agree the GW situation does seem a bit much, I'll never understand the claims of "PC nonsense." If it makes one person feel better, makes one person's day better, is it too much to ask to call Miami the Redhawks and not the Redskins? It takes next to no effort and could potentially make things better for someone else.
So you are saying that things should change because one, or a small group will "feel better". Good example is Eastern Michigan university, changed their name from Hurons, honoring the local indian tribe, to Eagles. Nothing negative about honoring the tribe but some felt it was so away we go. Central michigan on the other hand kept Chippawas, honoring their local indian tribe. EMU administration was lacking in testiclular fortitude. Really tired of the perpetually offended snowflakes. I realize that at my age it is somewhat normal to look at the younger generation with a jaunticed eye. But even given that, a good portion of this generation is scarry, hopefully the ones with common sense will prevail.

Last edited by UD62; 04-01-2019 at 03:00 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UD62 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (04-01-2019), longtimefan (04-01-2019)