Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 03:00 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,314 Times in 1,327 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post
1989 UD administration thought the grass was greener and fired a HOF coach. Enough said. One only has to look at JOB and what became of UD basketball after that to see the truth. And any coach worth his salt could have taken those 6 seniors to the NCAA in 89/90; they were going to prove the problem wasn't them. There were plenty of rumors on campus that some of those seniors had given up on DD.
I love Don Donoher like everybody else but I think it was definitely time to go at that point. He was certainly clouded by his own son being on the team and giving him minutes he did not deserve...probably a spot on the team he didn't deserve either. And if any coach could have gone to the NCAA that year why did Donoher struggle the year before? Not saying JOB was any good because I hated the hire then as i still do, but maybe it was more of a change was what was needed at the time.

Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
In the perception of history, both NK and JD came highly touted with great expectations from Detroit. One lived up to those expectations for all 3 of his seasons. The other, not until his 5th year at UD. So for a major part of one season, NK was one of the top 4 PGs in UD history, but cut out his 5th year senior season, he's an afterthought to JD, Scooch, Hooper, Roberts, Marshall, Zimmerman and probably Kevin Conrad.
Not sure I would say Negel didn't live up to his expectaions until his fifth year. His stats seem pretty good the other three years as well.