User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 05:44 PM
1st Lieutenant

Lowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud of
To clarify: I never said that Negele played with "virtually no supporting cast". I simply assumed another poster was referring to Negele when I saw a similar comment because ... to me ... the talent around Negele pales to what Scoochie and JD had. (Apologies for only remembering JD with THE team.)

Let's not try to revise history and act like Negele was chopped liver before he was a senior. To say he would have been an afterthought without his senior season is first of all, ridiculous. Secondly ... ummm ... he DID have that senior season, even if it was under JOB and even if he doesn't bleed blue & red to this day like the rest of us.

Negele played really well before that senior season and it went mostly unnoticed IMO. Thought so at the time and I still think so.

NK played with a couple bigs who continually botched would-be assists. Memory isn't good enough to say whether it was more hands-of-stone or poor anticipation on their part, but it frustrated the crap outta me.

Is it just me, or is there some angst towards Negele that isn't there for other Flyer greats?
Mad Props to Lowd&ProUD For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (05-10-2017)