Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 01:03 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Sooooo, which is it?

TAKE ON the job or SUSTAIN IT?
Guess you can't read between the lines. I said it was a bit premature as I do not feel he is ready for the IU rabid fan base who will give him a short leash. So my main point which I apparently have to spell out in English is that I don't feel he is ready for the long haul. To take the job as I said is one thing but to sustain it is another. He got the job and if that is all he was after is to put IU on his resume then well fine he did that. But to me it is more important to be ready to take the team to the promised land and that is where I have my concerns.

As bleacher reports put it; to train the dogs at UD to play defense and win games with lesser talent and short bench is one thing. To get players who may be one and done to buy into all that defense (when not needed in the NBA) will be an entirely different challange.

Tom Crean could not get the players to play defense and it hurt their wins losses. Now along comes Archie a top up and coming young coach who is not an alum of IU who is going to try and install the same defense that was so successful at UD.....lots of luck with that. Even his brother Sean had more success getting his X players to play his style (defense) than the one and done NBA types at AU.

When I see a coach, one I'm loyal to take on a new job I want them to succeed not just get the job and get the pink slip a few years later. That is why I feel his taking the job is a bit premature in his young career. As I stated, he will not get a honeymoon at IU. My IU friend is pretty much representative of IU fans. First they wanted a IU grad, didn't get it so now they have to hope those who chose Archie did so wisely, otherwise the catcalls will start, the seat will get warmer and so forth.

So the difference between me and some on here is that I am looking at the bigger picture, getting the job is fine but keeping it is prime. That is why I will follow him and wish him well but reserve judgement till I see if he can deliver to IU fans what he was able to deliver to UD fans. Ergo the jury is out.

If his dream was to get the IU job period, accomplished. If his dream is to be the next BK (which is where is success or failure will be measured) then the future needs to be played out. Remember short leash, no honeymoon.