Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Brigadier General

The Chef will become famous soon enoughThe Chef will become famous soon enough
Again, I'm not intending to dimish Roberts career, but in the final analysis, Brian Roberts was not able to offer a significant career accomplishment other than statistical ones. I do not think that can be overlooked. It's not enough to fill the stat sheet. In the final analysis, I will always ask the question: Did your teams win? The goal isn't to be a great individual scorer, the goal is to be on a winning basketball team.

As such, when you look at the most successful teams of the decade, the players who were the key parts of that success were KW and CW. KW has the stats and the wins. CW hasn't had enough time to create the stats, but his winning percentage is superb. If I had CW's complete career to look at in this decade, I'd probably vote Wright in first, but as it stands today, KW wins the honor in my book. Only great players can score 1500 points and grab 1000 rebounds. KW did that. Only five other Flyer players did it, and they are all considered the very greatest Flyer players of their generation (Horan, Uhl, Finkel, May, and Perryman.) That's my argument, and I'm sticking with it.

This very much is in the eye of the beholder. It's completely subjective. Nobody is wrong here. But, it is an error to think that there was one clear cut choice for a decade that was so chock full of great moments.

BTW, I think it's likely that Chris Wright joins that list with KW should he stay for a senior season.

Last edited by The Chef; 12-28-2009 at 05:57 PM..
Mad Props to The Chef For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (12-28-2009)