Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 09:51 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,488 Times in 763 Posts
N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UncleFester View Post
I wish I would have listened better to Jay Bilas on Mike & Mike this morning. Say what you will
About him, he is a basketball guy and a lawyer. He was explaining the federal charges, and from what I
remember, he said any school that accepts any form of money from the Federal government that exceeds
"x" amount ( I believe it was a paltry $40K ) is open to this investigation. He then proceeded to say that
student athletes are considered an "asset" on the university ledger ( for their potential profitability ). Thus, with all
the shenanigans with the bribes etc, these government funded entities cannot properly determine their expenditures
or income from these "assets". The assets are being illegally manipulated from outside or inside sources.
Posted via Mobile Device
I believe I heard recently that Hillsdale College was the only (or one of a very few) college that did not accept any form of federal funds. I'm assuming that every Div I school accepts some form of federal funds and is "at risk".

As for Spina, I thought that statement was gutsy. You don't know what you don't know!

Last edited by N2663R; 09-27-2017 at 09:54 PM..