Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 02:19 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
If we had lost to BSU, then I think many more would be questioning the wisdom of opening with BSU.

Win at the buzzer, dodged a major bullet.
If we lost people would be questioning their expectations for this team rather than the scheduling. This team had so many question marks, the schedule was far back on the list. As it turns out, fans are now thinking about the similar way 2013-2014 started and to be honest, there's other similarities to that team.

Starting point guard who didn't show much to get excited about in previous season(s) Price-Crosby.
Senior starter who needs to step his game up 200 percent Oliver-Baby D
Returning starter who earned his starting spot the previous season but not on day one Pierre-XW
Starter at the 5 position who didn't play nearly the minutes expected of them the previous season Kavs(obviously zero minutes)-Cunningham.
Starter who either didn't play or played insignificant minutes the prior season Sibert-Landers
Close to a handful of 1st year players who are going to be counted on to eat minutes: Scooch/Davis/Pollard-All our Freshman(except for Svoboda because he's older with much more experience so I'll put him in my next comparison).
A steady 6th man off the bench Vee-Svoboda