User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 11:29 PM
Major

LebronJames is a glorious beacon of lightLebronJames is a glorious beacon of lightLebronJames is a glorious beacon of lightLebronJames is a glorious beacon of lightLebronJames is a glorious beacon of light
High Points:

Excellent control at PG from Juwan and Josh. Both drove to the basket extremely well and was a little surprised at the defense played by these two. There was one play in particular I remember where Juwan was near the 3pt line by the bench, and just absolutely turned on the jets, blowing by 3 defenders for the easy lay-up. The crowd let out a collective gasp.

Wasn't as impressed with Dillard. I know it was his first game in front of the crowd, but he seemed slow compared to everyone else and unsure with the ball. A positive is that he didn't force some outside shots like JP. Hopefully he learns a lot in the time off that he has.

Each of the Freshman showed individual bright spots. Juwan Staten is so quick with the ball. Devin Oliver is long on Defense, and sneaky on offense (almost like a CJ or a Plummer type). I think BG finds a way to get him minutes, although I'm not sure where. Ralph knocked down 2 threes that I remember. Needs to beef up a little to be able to play inside/out. Brandon Spearman also has very nice quickness and showed great penetration to the hoop with pretty nice body control. PW needs to take lessons from BS on being aggressive.

Agree that the passing was outstanding. Saw 5+ great interior passes that we didn't see much of last year. CW, CJ, PW, and JS all had great feeds to wide open big men while driving to the hoop.

Certainly have more post offense than in the recent past. Just hope the D holds up....