User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 03:08 PM
1st Lieutenant

bhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by shapanud View Post
I don't see the question as being a put down to UD at all.

He has already ruled out X and Memphis, so the only other school to compare Minnesota to was UD.

Remember, his HS is 20 miles from UMinn and 725 miles from UD. If a kid from Troy was down to UD and Minnesota, I think it would be reasonable to the DDN article to attempt to explain why Minnesota was one of the two finalists.
Eh-- not sure I agree with that one. I think it's quite obvious if someone is down to a hometown team and one that's out of state. On one hand, you have your state school that's an option if he wants to stay home. On the other, he has a school that's out of state so he can do something different and get away from home/MN. I think this was absolutely a put down and is only seeing the surface. "Hometown BIG10 team or 'lowly' A10 team." The only thing MN knows about us is that we beat them a few years back.