Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 10:01 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,171 Times in 5,899 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
I realize some of those football schools are looking elsewhere, but the question is where??? If UConn and UC would leave, a couple of good additions would keep the AAC better than the A-10. If they don't leave, the AAC would be great. I don't see any of the other football schools leaving. There is nowhere to go.

But let's say several of the other football schools leave and the conference basically falls apart (which is doubtful). With a nucleus of Wichita State, VCU, and UD I don't think we would have any problem attracting some of the best "mid-majors" around. Some on here have even said UD should get some good mid-majors and start a new conference. This would be the perfect way to do that. Maybe we would end up with a conference similar to the A-10 but without the bottom feeders, which would make it better than what we have now. The Big East basketball schools weren't hurt one bit when the Big East broke up.
Really, the ACC could then raid the A10 for some of the better programs like Bonnie, RI, Richmond and Davidson, and leave the bottom feeders to sulk in their misery.