User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Dayton to AAC?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 11:34 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,603 Times in 2,849 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Thinking only about men's BB....

Mixing of FB and BB schools has been proven to be a mistake...a big one. Think old Big East. The interests of FBS FB schools and non-FB schools are fundamentally different. That creates a serious problem.

To be successful the interests of conference members should be fundamentally similar. This is not a hard concept to grasp.

I cannot understand why a school like WSU would even consider FB...knowing in advance the bottomless money pit that FBS FB is. Quite a few schools in Power 5 conferences are losing their shirts on FBS FB....but as legacy members they are trapped....can't get out because of the impact on all other athletics programs.

The A10 is a very good fit for UD. What the conference needs is a BB upgrade by way of a new school or two, pressure on laggard members and a much better TV deal. Of course, the latter comes from elevating BB.

Our AD is no dummy and BB is uniquely important to UD. That being the case I suppose there is much we don't know/understand about the A10 specifically and conference affiliation generally. Chris is well connected with UD and Neil; I'm sure he has or can get better insight re this matter.