Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: UD vs Campbell
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 01:50 PM
Major

Cardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of light
That is one thing I did not mention...Penalties...we have had our fair share of penalties and those come from being out of position, crappy officiating (several pass interference penalties) or poor discipline. I think it was the San Diego game where a lineman had two personal fouls called against him in the same series. This is a lack of focus and discipline. Yet, he stayed in the game. He may have had to pay for it in practice with running or rolling or whatever, but at that point the other guy was getting him worked up. This is the kind of stuff Dayton has never really done.

We don't turn on the ball when it is in the air. You see it in college, high school and the pros. I don't know if this is current coaching, but that is not what I was ever taught playing football growing up.

Tackling is another issue. I just don't see guys tackling like I was taught. I was taught wrap and slide. Basically, wrap on the mid section and slide down the legs. You take the legs away, you stop the play. Instead it is too much hitting high and trying to strip the ball.

OK, sorry...I said I would quit, but I am just so passionate about the Flyers and I love this program more than just about anything in life.

Go Flyers
Mad Props to Cardsflyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
NEOFlyer (10-18-2017)