Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 10:56 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,020 Times in 479 Posts
Flyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
Wasn't that the real challenge of this search though? Finding someone who really wants to be here, not with an eye towards resume-building?

We have gone that route four straight times with mixed results... Let's see what someone who really does want to be here can do. I'm very optimistic.

Six years ago we would've fallen all over ourselves for this hire. I think there are too many questions around what happened at Alabama to mark that as a Grant failure. He was a runaway success at VCU... which is exactly the sort of program we are, only better. Looking forward to it.
I'm just saying that if finding someone who sees this as a destination job is your main criteria, then there weren't many candidates to consider. There was one. Grant was the only guy out there with a reason to view Dayton as a place he'd never want to leave, and had the resume to be considered a strong head coach. So it wasn't technically a search that happened. It was a single phone call.