Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 01:23 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,739 Times in 1,012 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
OK, so Archie's recruiting may not have been that bad. The guys that we got in the Class of 2018 had some decent interest from some P5 schools. But then, they got on campus, and didn't improve themselves much, if at all. Might that not, then, contradict the perception of Archie as a guy who was great at player development? Or, is it just a case of Archie misjudging some guys' determination to better themselves (as guys like Oliver, Kyle, etc. did under Archie's tutelage)?

I still maintain that, somewhere around the "Magnificent Seven" season (before, during, or afterward), Archie made a conscious decision to ride last year's Senior class as far as he could, with the hope of parlaying that into a P5 gig. And that gambit worked for him, and for us in the short run. But we're paying for it now.
Some very valid points.I'll add in and say that the kids that AM/any coach recruits have to hold up to their end of the bargain, too, and that is to prepare themselves by dedicating themselves, committing to practice, watching film , working on weaknesses, hitting the weights, etc. Now, I have no idea if this entire junior class dedicated themselves and pushed themselves to the max. when they got on campus. We know one player that probably cared more about campus life than anything else and he's no longer here..