Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 07:57 PM
Just off the Jet

MemTGRS has a spectacular aura aboutMemTGRS has a spectacular aura about
Hello, first post to your site. Always interesting to read views from elsewhere.

Anyway, just to note that there are a LOT of fans in the AAC who are seeing the shot in the arm that Wichita State is providing to the hoops side. And most agree that the two obvious best catches would be you guys and VCU.

Please let me say immediately that this is NO SLAM on the A-10. It is a fine league --- but if there is a desire of some to "look around", then there are a lot of folks with mutual interest.

Of course, for me, I would go full throttle and also offer UMass an ACC/Notre Dame type deal to provide them with x football games in October and November along with access to our bowl selections --- UConn (I want to keep them happy) needs another backyard rivalry beyond Temple.

On a side note --- I honestly still don't understand the Big East's decision(s) five years ago. Other than Xavier, with your FABULOUS support/attendance and much more geographically center (> Creighton) and also a Catholic school (> Butler), I thought #2 selection at worst.

One decision that also sabotaged the Missouri Valley --- taking UD over Creighton --- keeps the MVC at its strength (and perhaps we don't land WSU). In addition, it further damages the A-10 and isolates St. Louis to an almost apocalyptic manner --- where the MVC could have perhaps enticed them with the obvious carrot of the conference tournament being at their home city every year. What If ... What If.

Anyway, I know both you guys and VCU are not having your expected seasons --- but those who follow college hoops know that both will be back SOON. Thanks.

Last edited by MemTGRS; 02-19-2018 at 07:59 PM..
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MemTGRS For This Totally Excellent Post:
1in25 (02-19-2018), ClaytonFlyerFan (02-19-2018), CT Flyer (02-20-2018), Dillomernda (02-19-2018), FlyerBob (02-19-2018), longtimefan (02-19-2018), OSU Flyer (02-19-2018), TXFlyerFan (02-19-2018)