Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 01:32 PM
General

Thanked 4,319 Times in 2,123 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Well its a two way street, of the teams you listed, only UC, X, UK, Louisville and OSU would be annually attractive additions to the schedule, however non of those schools have any interest in playing an annual home & away arrangement to make it work from UD's perspective.

Wright State & Miami are both local, but both have been up and down (mainly down) for quite some time and don't add to UD's schedule much. I'm sure both would happily play UD home and away, but like the schools above, I don't think UD has much interest save perhaps Miami just because of the tradition that has seemingly passed its due course.

The rest of the schools you list would never be a rivalry game. They be 2 hours or less away, but none of them are teams that would get the fan base excited and many of them are teams that UD has and can schedule for a home only "buy" game most seasons.

Short of one of X, UC, UK, OSU or Louisville agreeing to an arrangement that would allow for an annual matchup to occur (slim has left the building for man of those teams) UD needs to focus on getting its OOC schedule as strong as it can based upon the realities that home games foot the bill and there is only so much leeway UD has in scheduling. For the most part, I think they do a good job with this. I'd gladly trade Vandy for any of the main 5 schools on our schedule, but I'll gladly keep Vandy in lieu of any of the other schools that you mentioned.