Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: 2017-18 season
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 10:37 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RamodWaleskowski View Post
Anything less than 20 wins and shot at the NCAA is a let down next year. The program is at new heights, every year regardless of turnover should be NCAA or bust.

I have faith in the coaching staff and players to get it done.

If you are happy with 15-18 wins and the possibility of the NIT than you should probably collect your participation award and become a lawn darts fan.
I get so sick of the false choice propagated by some on this board. Just because someone believes the team will be down some next year does not mean anyone is happy about it. So, stop being so **** lazy with your debating skills by trying to put words in someone's mouth.

Take the time to prove your point: For example, explain to me how next year's team replaces over 65% of the scoring? Provide evidence that the newcomers or existing players will replace the top two defenders (both first team A10). Outline how JC will capably fill in for a three year starting point guard? Less tangible, but just as important, who are the leaders next year? Darrell Davis? Give me your reasoning to believe he will be the leader that Scoochie and Kyle Daivis were!

I'm waiting for your answers. In the interim, stop the BS. All your happy talk about how the program has "reached new heights" won't help the five on the floor when they are down four points with three minutes to go at a hostile environment in Philadelphia or Richmond.

I guarantee you that I'm as passionate about the flyers as anyone and, OF COURSE, I wouldn't be satisfied with 18 wins next year. But this isn't some **** safe zone where "nary is heard a discouraging word" so please STOP with the "go ahead and be satisfied with 18 wins" crap.
Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
sopaw10 (03-20-2017)