User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 01:25 PM
2nd Lieutenant

116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light
Saying Sam Miller is a capable post player is about as laughable an argument as I've seen on this board in 3 years. Sam Miller is a stretch 4 pick-and-pop-type player which is a type of player that has excelled in the A10 (think Gerot, Cavanaugh, Aldridge). Perhaps you just really like Sam Miller, and I am not as big on him. Admittedly, I have zero insight into the Greene Co. Sheriff Dept or what exactly happened on Sam's bad night.

I get the point about UD not having a good recent history of developing post players, but that argument is unfair and must be qualified. Big Steve (RIP) would have been a great post player. There's a difference between developing who you have and who you CAN get verses intentionally not trying to develop something. All the big time Bigs want to get the most exposure possible so they go to the top P-5 schools. Big Steve (RIP) was a great find and needed some time to develop.

Pollard and Pierre actually developed some good post moves, albeit both were undersized. Again, without the dismissals of Robinson and Scott, they both would have developed more post skills. It was their decision to steal from fellow students- it just so happened they were both 6'9."

Josh is continuing to improve with his back to the basket this year and will be even better next year. Mikesell has some moves around the basket as well. I am willing to see how Pierce, Kostas and Toppin develop...