Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 11:57 AM
General

Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,232 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
One thing being overlooked here is that the Power-5 conferences are largely dependent on football. Now I have a theory, and it may be debunked by Priders, but the game of football is under attack due to CTE - Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy...i.e. head/brain injuries. In fact, we are already seeing high school football programs around the country closing down. California, Oregon, and Washington will be the first states to completely outlaw the game of football at the high school level. Other states like New York, Vermont, and Massachusetts will follow. I firmly believe that within five years we will start to see college programs close down, and within ten years, I could see the entire game of college football being in mass disarray. Then where will the Power-5 conferences find themselves? Just food for thought...the NFL will be the first to succumb to pressure and then college football will be next. Lawsuits will be the trigger and eventual tipping point for the college game.
Remember, Teddy Roosevelt railed against football in America due to the injuries it was causing. Football adapted and thus, the forward pass was born.

Reports of football's death have been greatly exaggerated.

http://www.history.com/news/how-tedd...saved-football
Mad Props to Viperstick For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (01-14-2018)