User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 09:16 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
I don't know if you folks are reading the same web articles that i am or not? What i have learned is that the University of North Carolina's academic standing has been called into question over these paper classes. These classes were defined as classes where it was not required that the student attend the class. It was almost like an online class. Each student was assisted by the teacher equally. Only a term paper was required to pass the class.

At first i thought that the NCAA was codifying and certifying the UNC pattern as acceptable behavior. With this ruling, all other universities should follow this pattern. The copying of the UNC programs would begin. The director of the UNC program would become a hot product in the marketplace. This person could command double their salary to join another university and duplicate the program there. But, after reading these articles, i am not so sure?

These articles have not answered my question, why? Why did the University of North Carolina create a separate department that seemed to focus on paper classes? Why didn't UNC simply direct these students to classes that were more creative in nature where the results were more subjective? Subjectively graded classes in singing (voice), dancing, theater, painting, sculpture, pottery, physical education, mixed media and abstract art would seem to be a more perfect fit for these students.
Posted via Mobile Device