Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 10:12 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
If a team has a designated rival that they play every year like VCU-Richmond, Dayton-STl, UMass-URI, etc I'm fine with that

I also understand there's an interest between the Virginia schools, GW and Davidson playing each other because it's a bus ride.

This year if St. Bonaventure doesn't beat Rhode Island at home, they don't make the tourney. Luckily the league had URI & SBU play twice. If they had they had the top 2 teams in the league play once like they did with Dayton & VCU Scoochie's junior year that's potentially a tourney bid gone and millions of dollars lost for the league

The Bonnies which were by every account I read last preseason the #2 team in the league in the preseason playing Duquesne twice this year. URI played La Salle twice this year. Look I get preseason rankings don't always hold but no one who follows the A10 believed either of those teams would be anything but RPI hits last season.

It is not that hard for the league to look at the H/H pairings and say Fordham, La Salle, Duquesne, maybe this year with a new coach GW are going to bring up the rear of the league. We need to protect the top of the conference and have the bottom teams play the other projected bottom feeders

Bona was in the last 4 in this year (probably unjustly), Dayton was in the last 4 in (unjustly) several years ago. This league doesn't have a big margin of error. One poorly scheduled H/H matchup in league play is potentially a multi-million dollar mistake

Dayton can't make Fordham build a practice facility, show up at games or invest in the basketball program. The easiest most rational thing the A10 can do ensure the success of everyone 1-14 in this league, scheduling, it can't even get right
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-21-2018)