Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 09:27 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,282 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyerinChicago View Post
This program is definitely "snake-bitten". I follow two programs to a fault, the Detroit Lions and the mighty Flyers. The Lions have had a player die on the field, another paralyzed on the field. Another come within a mere minute from dying on the field in the 90's...ridiculous fluke injuries and off season deaths (one being an all-pro lineman hit by semi while he was mowing his front yard (really?), so I know the deal. Our Flyers come awfully close to mirroring the Lions curse. Some say it stems from the teams dealings with a former player or two. Who knows? But to have two potential NBA players die in the last thirty years (something we just don't produce), and countless players go down with injuries seems a bit too much. Right when we seem to have all the pieces together tragedy seems to strike. I think of C Wright his freshman year, Cunningham last year (he may never be the same), the idiot twins, and now Kostas. There's many others I haven't mentioned for sure. What is it with this program? I swear I saw it in Archie's eyes last December after dealing with Big Steve and then Josh went down. He seemed to have that look in his eyes of...what the h is going on here? Something ain't right with this program, and don't tell me every program deals with this because they don't. It's always one step forward and two steps back.
Don't get the one step forward two steps back at all.We have a string of Dance appearences, have won the league and are in the top grouping in the league, something we were not until AM showed up. I too am a Lions fan since 65, and while they have had some bad things happen over the years, the fact that they just weren,t very good was the biggest factor in then having only one playoff win since the super Bowl era began. They have had terrible management over the years. However they currently seem to be correcting the management thing.
Mad Props to UD62 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (07-13-2017)