Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Roster Updates
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 12:29 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post
C-time: Ohio State's basketball website is completely updated with the new roster including the walk-on's plus the non-conference schedule and the conference schedule.
That's because the B1G has released their conference schedule already. The A10 has not. UD has the non-conference schedule on the website which is all they have available until the A10 announces the schedule. I don't know what more you want them to do. UD can't exactly put a schedule that they don't have yet on the website.

Why am I comparing Dayton's internet presence with Ohio State? Answer: Because Dwayne Cohill or his parents might be noticing it; just like I just noticed it!
Why are you even looking at those pages in August anyway? I only looked at them after you mentioned it. I can't think of any reason I would have otherwise.

Now, I see that the web-page has, at least, put some of the bio info on the web page.
Actually UD has more info on the newcomers than Ohio State does. UD has all of their background info, HS stats, awards, parents names, siblings, etc. UD has no pictures yet.

And on a second look through Ohio State's roster and their amazing web presence they only have the height, weight, hometown, and high school for the newcomers. You also mentioned that they have the photos updated. Well they actually don't. Young and Wesson are the only 2 that have photos. Jallow, Dakich, Lehmann, and Fulton don't have a photo. They must be waiting for a picture/media day just like UD is.

Do I really think that the University of Dayton having a "top notch" presence on Internet web pages, Twitter, Facebook and others will swing a "top" basketball recruit or his parents to sending their kid the Dayton? Maybe, its just one factor. But, like the consumer, you never know what swung the buyer to buy your product. Was it the price, quality, referral from another consumer, or just a great web presence that got the word out?
I also think it's important to have a great web presence, but sometimes you just need to realize it's August there is a lot of stuff going on at the beginning of the school year and fall sports season for both the players and the SID's office.

Just relax and you'll get your pictures and what their favorite food is once UD and OSU have their photo/media days.

Last edited by C-time; 08-24-2017 at 12:32 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (08-24-2017), m21eagle45 (08-24-2017)