Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 08:06 AM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
Is this just speculation regarding Cincinnati having no veto power, or is there a source?

And what evidence is there that they want us? I have always heard nothing but the fact that they do not want us encroaching on their turf.
When all this broke last year I found and I believe posted here an article that said expansion required 8-9 schools to approve expansion. I'm not seeing it now but I'll keep looking

I read an article when the news broke last year that Cronin wanted more good teams in the AAC. They want 16-2 in conference and 27-4 and got a 5 seed. SMU went 17-1 and got a 5 seed last year. There was real, demonstrated frustration from Mick and coaches in the league about the seeds they got.

I have no inside but the online info I saw online and looking at forums UC didn't indicate any resistance from them.

Enquirer is talking to him and starts out and asks him expansion. He starts out with the boilerplate "I'm trying to stay in my lane and leave that to the AD"

Then he adds

"If we would add anyone to our league that would enhance our basketball profile it would be great for league"

-Mick Cronin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MavcOwMFEzU
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
ud2 (03-12-2018)