Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 12:22 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,701 Times in 1,284 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting perspectives from all. Put me in the "no" camp.

I'm a UD alum from the 80's, with 2 kids who are more recent UD alums. For us, UD is what we know, it's all we know. And we love it. Fortunately for my kids, most of their college years coincided with the 4 year run of NCAAs. I told them they were very very fortunate and of course hoped it would continue. The irony is that with AG, we now have a coach who's playing career pretty much coincided with my undergrad years. So I'm excited for him to have success and my kids see that.

Conversely I have several nieces and nephews who are UNC and Dook alums. They live in a different reality, of course. And they shrug at the negative PR from fake classes and players who leave their program borderline illiterate. Failure to them is not winning it all. These are basketball programs sponsored by colleges, not college basketball programs. My kids, their cousins, don't begrudge the fact that their reality is different...but they don't share in their joy either...as each March they make their tourney run and the Flyers are at home.

Needless to say, April 1, 2010 was an especially good day in our family:

UD 79
UNC 68

NIT Champions.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (04-17-2018), TXFlyerFan (04-17-2018), UDGutter2 (04-17-2018)