Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 02:09 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,053 Times in 471 Posts
UD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond reputeUD Sam has a reputation beyond repute
Totally agree with the assessments of Spearman, Hill, Oliver, and Parker. As Sea Bass said, "the competition for minutes will be brutal". Staten certainly didn't look like a freshman. I have never seen a pg as speedy who had the control he has. So we now have a pg with LW's speed who can control the ball! I remember his Oak Hill coach saying he could get down the court with the ball on a fast break faster than any player he has coached...and he has coached some great guards who are now in the NBA (i.e. Ty Lawson).

Regarding the bigs, I thought they had some difficulty keeping up with the frantic pace of the game, but overall made good passes and scored some points. It seemed that Kav had quite a few fouls, but I don't know his total number as stats that included all 4 quarters were not shown on the scoreboard.

CW definitely looked like a leader tonight. Several times I heard him yelling one word instructions to other players. IMO, he was the best player on the floor and was 100% focused. He is on a mission.

I had to remind myself that this was 2 teams playing the same fast paced game as coached by BG. So it will be interesting to see how they play in a half court offense. I think with the pg’s and shooters we now have, the results will be much better.

I have to add that my impressions may be somewhat skewed because the fast pace of the game along with trying to identify the 4 new frosh and red card Kevin Dillard was mind boggling.

After the game, I spotted Roosevelt Chapman being interviewed on the court, so I walked over to get a closer look at him. As he was leaving, I approached him and asked for his autograph (I have never done that before, but Rosie is one of my favorite all time players and couldn't resist). He graciously agreed. We talked for a few minutes, and he said he lives in California, but Dayton and UD is his "home". Very nice guy...I think he knows how much he is loved by Dayton fans and that we will never forget him.

Last edited by UD Sam; 10-24-2010 at 03:26 AM..