User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

keats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond repute
just my 2 cents...

Really enjoyed the scrimmage.
It is going to be a great year. I am really excited about this years team and potential.

Few things that stuck in my mind ...
1) Paul W - Not sure why previous posters are banging on him being injuried. Looked to me that he has been focusing on changing his game to a drive and dish. He had handful of dishes that raised my eyebrow... how'd he see that ...
But agree that it will be fun to watch whether he is agressive for his shot or agressive to move defense and drop a nice pass.

2) Devin O - Oh my. Not sure what 'it' is, but he has it. He will find some court time. Saw him switch and guard Dillard (or maybe it was Parker) out front. Nice long armed defender. Not sure if he will spend more time at 2, 3, 4 ??? I just know good things happen when he is on the floor. And nice stroke from mid to long range.

3) I am glad Dillard has a year to sit and watch. Not in a negative way, but seriously. He has great feel for where the openings are. Slightly disappointed in some of his decisions in shooting, but like agressiveness. The only slight build of the new guards.

Lastly not on the team, but I am going to stuggle to watch this progression. Thing that stuck out to me was the guard's inclination to shoot early in the clock. I realize it was a scrimmage and the fast pace play is reinforced. But saw Dillard and Parker with some early shots that also made me raise an eyebrow. If they go down consistently, .... nice shot. If not, I see problems getting back on defense and poor game management.
Don't know if it was because it was scrimmage or it is sign of more things to come.

Go Flyers. Keep getting better every day.
Mad Props to keats '91 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (10-24-2010)