User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 09:57 AM
1st Lieutenant

Wallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant future
The AAC would put several marquee games on the schedule each year. Even in a down year, UConn at the arena would be a really big deal. Wichita st, UC, Memphis, Temple, SMU are all teams we'd love to play in a H/H and can't get scheduled. The AAC makes for a more fun schedule and just feels more big time to me. I'd also assume someone else from the A10 would jump too, further strengthening the AAC and weakening the A10. All good times until it falls apart, which is a fair point because it's entirely possible in the short to medium term. It's just a risk I'd be willing to explore.

The A10 isn't terrible, and there are lots of other worse places to be. Top quarter of the conference are truly peer bball schools imo. But it's got some serious dead weight pulling it down. Going to tiny, crappy gyms doesn't help anything.
Mad Props to Wallage For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (03-11-2018)