Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 11:37 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,847 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Figures are misleading...

Originally Posted by st marys View Post
All of the Catholic Colleges that are discussed as being similar institutions to UD like X, Gonzaga, and Villanova spend more money on their basketball programs.

When I see the question asked, what can UD do to become more like these programs? One of the answers is spend about 2 million more dollars.

Here's a list of basketball budgets posted by Mark Adams: https://www.facebook.com/enthusiadam...33130316961851
Schools have great latitude re the way the report expenses....hard to compare figures meaningfully. For example, Stanford is ranked below UD. I get to Stanford's campus quite often and I'll tell you the poles supporting the practice soccer goals are pure gold. Kidding, of course, but at Stanford the athletic facilities and everything associated with athletics are second to none...have to be seen to be believed.

Re UD: What would we spend more money on? The men's/women's BB teams should be flying charter, always...are they? I hope the budget for recruiting is better than adequate. Coach's salaries have to be competitive.

With our income from men's BB we should be limited in no way. Chris, have you ever heard Neil suggest he was limited financially?
Mad Props to UACFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (04-04-2018)