User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 11:39 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

FlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD62 View Post
The love fest continues on the IU boards. Troops complaining that AM can't recruit, doesn't have the talent, can't get top players to come to Bloomington. Don't know the financial situation but heat has to be at blowtorch level. IU although still having a shot at the dance, is 12-10. AM struggled with recruiting at UD and even with the advantage of being a BIG team, he struggles at IU.

Hoosiers have Rutgers, MSU and Purdue on the road and Mich at home. Could be a struggle to be above .500
I've stopped following Archie, but your comments about him not recruiting effectively at IU are interesting. When you look at the kids coming from HS, if I am an African American mom I easily gravitate to CAG as a role model for my son. I have no clue how effectively Archie relates on a personal basis to those families. CAG, the UD culture and our campus are our secret weapons. You throw in successive NCAAT appearance with some success- and we can be the Gonzaga of the East.

It still upsets me learning in hindsight that Archie did not pursue the higher rated kids because he thought UD was a mid-major (OK my words- but still). We're blessed to have the coaching staff we have.
Mad Props to FlyerBob For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-22-2021)