User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 01:22 PM
Major

flyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant futureflyer016 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Fudd View Post
I was talking to a UD fan friend today.

I think that the team has improved tremendously since the beginning of the season. We still have our weaknesses, but have increasing depth with the development of the new guys. I feel like Crutcher, Chatman and Weaver can all handle point when needed. Amzil was a huge addition, and Nwokeji has started contributing consistently. With Sissoko out for mystery circumstances lately, I do feel vulnerable with our interior beef. When Tshimanga gets into foul trouble, we get much weaker with the interior defense and more vulnerable on the glass against teams that have strong bigs.

That said, when Tshimanga weathers the foul storm and plays well, we have a lot of upside.
I wonder if this team can find it's stride with a defense-first identity. Getting Chatman back is obviously the catalyst here, but Weaver's a good defensive player as well. Tshimanga does a good job protecting the paint. Nwokeji can do a lot on defense. Blakney, for better or worse, is a ball of energy out there. It could have just been a down night for Saint Louis, but I thought the team's defense looked excellent and especially cohesive. They were really active, cleared the boards well and appeared dialed-in.

I still think they're light on talent as a roster, but maybe they can make up for any deficiencies with defensive intensity.