Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: 2017-18 season
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 01:46 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
Understand perfectly. Are you Crosby's Dad or AAU coach or something? He's the only PG on the team currently. Of course he starts as of right now. Thats a pointless debate. What im trying to tell you is AG wont let that happen. AG WILL, not MIGHT, WILL bring in a grad transfer or JUCO to play the bulk of the PG minutes.

If Crosby is our PG next year we are so past screwed its not funny
I agree! I believe all pt. guards should be able to shoot 80% from the free throw line and have a great assist to t/o margin. Crosby, even though he is the heir apparent, will probably never achieve the above two lofty standards. I believe we had one coming in with McKinley Wright (and we still might if IU cannot make room). I do not think it is fair to compare Crosby to Scoochie. Scoochie was 77% from the free throw line but he was money at the end of close games (probably 85% to 90%). I don't think Crosby can ever get there! Others on this thread have stated that a better comparison would be with London Warren. Crosby was 44% (12 for 27) from the free throw line in this his sophomore season. Warren was 51% (35 for 68) as a soph, 61% (45 for73) as a jr and 71% (38 for 49) as a sr. I would be surprised if John Crosby got to 71% by his senior year.

Anthony Grant WILL go find a JUCO or grad transfer that will be able to shoot 80% from the line! He played for UD about ten years earlier but GW had a little 5'4" pt guard from 1996-99 that shot 90% by the name of Shawnta Rogers and whenever GW had any sort of lead towards the end of a game the ball would always be in his hands! Opponents would have to foul him and he would go to the line and make it every time!

Last edited by CvilleFlyer; 04-13-2017 at 02:58 PM..